Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hello World

I never thought of myself as a “blogger” and so most of my written creations rest comfortably in word documents somewhere. I admit I have tried my hand at blogging now and again – only to delete and re-create my blog account (on several occasions) - in hopes that I might re-invent myself and discover a different point-of-view. I’m now 36 years old and have finally realized that I’ve been on my path all along. With several successful businesses and satisfied clients under my belt I have only now realized that I don’t have to call myself a project manager or a process improvement consultant. No, I am very simply a Business Improvement Consultant; that utilizes my experience doing what I love best – helping businesses do a better job at what they love to do.

Through all of the businesses, jobs, and clients; I have done a few things really well – well enough to be highly recognized and appreciated. I have utilized my love for IT, project management, and process improvement to solve problems that many businesses found difficult to solve on their own. I have also found that I have a true love for the entrepreneurs of the world. Those individuals that may be seen by many as the underdogs and know for themselves that success is a must. The “no matter what it takes” attitude that drives these individuals is the driving force of success in our country and others.

Ok, this is me stepping down from my little soap-box; forgive me – I get a little excited when I start talking about entrepreneurs as I have been one myself almost my entire working life. That being said, I am now looking to expand the ways I can assist entrepreneurs by starting a problem solving blog. I will use this blog to post anything from helpful rants from myself to links to other helpful articles. As my consulting practice expands and I get into new areas of helping businesses I will use this space to provide any insight I might have on helping entrepreneurs. Anything that I know will help small businesses do a better job at what they love to do.

My wife and I have now started Rappa Enterprises to house all of our consulting work. She and I have been partners in many business endeavors. She would provide the highly creative marketing and business development consulting while I held to the improvement side with a bend toward technology. We have now decided to join forces once again and help businesses expand through creative solutions that range from better processes and business structures to assisting companies with acquisitions.

It’s a very exciting time in this country for small business. I know what you might be thinking, with the dragging economy and some governmental institutions making things harder on small business how can I say it’s an exciting time? Well, the excitement comes from what it means to be an American businessperson or an American at all – it is the desire to stand up to adversity and shout “I will win!”. It’s that little voice that says no one gets to tell us what we can’t do. It’s the spirit of the entrepreneur that says the underdog can and will rise to the occasion.

Ok, I warned you before that I get a little excited. Anyway, I invite you to keep coming back and take advantage of all the resources I will be providing every week. And please, feel free to e-mail or post any business issues you might be dealing with. Until next time, focus on what you know and keep doing a better job of what you love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment