Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hmm, I know I left it somewhere

For some reason I just can't seem to find it today. I've actually been looking for it over the last few days and have come up lacking each time. If only I could remember where I had it last that might help; then again - maybe not. It's that little thing called inspiration. The World English Dictionary describes it as ". . . special or unusual activity or creativity".

So, today I decided to spend a couple of hours on the tech news sites hoping it might be lurking in an interesting article. Sure, there were some interesting stories out there today.

Probably one of the more disturbing articles concerned a lawsuit against Absolute Software for capturing a couples sexy time via email and IM. It appears that a laptop with Absolute Software's LoJack was purchased by a teacher from a student. Little did she know that it was stolen and all jacked up and capturing her extra special communications. You can read more at http://bit.ly/n9jsUV.

Then there's the news that Groupon's traffic is down 50% and both Facebook and Yelp have decided to get out of the daily deal market all together. Some say this indicates the death of the daily deal and others think, not so much. Do a Google search on "Death of the daily deal" to find a bunch of articles. Here is one such article: http://cnnmon.ie/n6dRcs

Then there's the news about Windows 8 and how cool it's going to be and the re-launch of the 'Dead' HP tablet. Interesting maybe - inspiring; not really.

I'm still looking for my lost inspiration and am hopefull that I'll find it hiding somewhere nearby. Maybe I left it in my car only to be descovered on the way home. Only one way to find out . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment